Join us for Advocacy Research Day 2017 at the College of Mount Saint Vincent!
Thursday March 30th 2017 12pm - 6pm at the College of Mount Saint Vincent in Riverdale, NY
Explore what it means to conduct ethical, Advocacy Research abroad. What is it? How is it done? How can research be a form of advocacy in our changing world?
- Meet local service organizations that are able to further their mission through advocacy research.
- Learn about the IPSL International IRB™ (Institutional Review Board) whose purpose is to facilitate ethical, culturally sensitive human subject research in international settings.
- Hear from past IPSL Advocacy Research students about their experiences conducting research abroad.
- Participate in impactful discussions about what it means to be an advocate in today's world.
- Learn from CMSV faculty and IPSL staff about the process of supporting students to formulate, propose and conduct research abroad that is based in ethical principles.
- Participate in student workshops where we create impactful research questions.
Raffles for gift cards, prizes and even an a scholarship for an IPSL Advocacy Research program!
This event is free and open to any member of the community.
Contact Emma Newton, IPSL Advocacy Research Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or if you are a service organization and would like to participate.