The New Web-Based Database by and for the Study Abroad Field
In keeping with risk management best-practices, every international programs office needs a cost-effective, reliable, easy-to-use database to track important student, partner, and program data. Online student applications, financial aid and billing functionality, emergency contact information, a searchable program database, email-blast and bulk-mailing capability, GopherU has all of this, and more.
The International Partnership for Service-Learning™ and Leadership (IPSL) launched in January 2010 a web-based data management system designed for and by study abroad people. Our study abroad database is called “GopherU” and is a Social Enterprise developed in collaboration with Portland State University and The International Partnership for Service Learning (IPSL).
Non-profit-based Social Enterprise means that surplus funds generated from the licensing of GopherU stay in the study abroad community in the form of scholarship opportunities for students...including, potentially, your students!
Among the features and highlights of GopherU:
- What is GopherU? - GopherU is a New, Affordable Web-based Data Management System for the busy International Programs Office
- GopherU is a Social Enterprise project- this means that surplus funds generated from the licensing of GopherU stay in our community in the form of scholarship opportunities for study abroad students...your students!
- Indispensable for the resource-strained international programs office.
- Compare to StudioAbroad – GopherU is flexible, needs no software installations, has a very affordable annual fee, and was developed by and for study abroad people
- Web-based, so you can access student, partner, and program data from any internet connection.
- Automates online student applications – GopherU inputs data automatically as students apply online.
- Create your own forms and applications easily for faculty-led programs, online evaluations, whatever information you want to capture.
- GopherU interface allows students to set up individual profiles so you can track their advising and application process – students can begin the application, save it, and come back later to finish it.
- Tracks all application documents – Easily upload student photos, insurance cards, recommendations, essays, itineraries…any document you need to keep track of.
- Automates OpenDoors reports, saving you valuable staff time and resources.
- Easily manages important program provider data – approved programs, program prices, dates, emergency contacts abroad, course options, scholarships, excursions, program calendars, and more.
- Automatically cross-references students, programs, providers, emergency contact information abroad…all of the important information you need at your fingertips.
- Tracks program costs, student budgets and payments.
- Use your existing website! GopherU permits your office to keep your website as it is designed! No costly software integrations.
- Program search functionality means students can search on your website for the program they desire from a wide variety of program data – major, country, dates, price…any criteria you set.
- Role-based security system allows your office’s administrator to determine who can log in to GopherU, and what data each person can change or view.
- GopherU securely date-stamps user activity and logs all changes automatically.
- Add conversation notes easily to student or provider accounts, just like a contact database.
- One affordable annual fee provides your office with a full GopherU license, email support, annual hosting, as well as data migration from your existing system into your new GopherU account.
- Annual fee is on a sliding scale based on your participant numbers. Fees start as low as $4,950!
- No contract. If you are not satisfied after one year, your office can simply cancel your annual license.
- As an additional incentive, early adopters (by June 30, 2010) of GopherU will have priority to IPSL study abroad scholarship funds until June 2013.
Scholarship funds are available for any IPSL program regardless of length.
Email. email@example.com for inquires and set up a free demo account.