2015 IPSL Symposium: CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Who’s Developing Whom?
Achieving Millennium Development Goals through
The eight Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) – which range from halving extreme poverty to forming ethical partnerships for development, form a blueprint agreed to by all the world’s countries and all the world’s leading development institutions. The goals have galvanized unprecedented efforts to meet the needs of the world’s most vulnerable.
This year’s symposium, “Who's Developing Whom,” is intended to strengthen our commitment to a core purpose: to engage students, community-based organizations and institutions in creating partnerships based on inclusion, social and economic justice, and service to others. We invite you to join us as we celebrate over thirty years of working to develop the student as a person while simultaneously improving the lives of others around the world.
SYMPOSIUM PROPOSAL SUB-THEMES
Student + Service
- How do students impact service organizations?
- What do students want to learn from the service placement?
- How do we ensure inclusion of all voices in a service setting?
Student + Experience
- How do we create a more diverse student body that studies abroad?
- How do we support students before, during & after the program?
- What are the barriers for educational institutions that prevent students from studying/serving abroad?
- How do we increase study abroad participation?
Student + Impact
- How do we encourage student research (undergraduate and graduate)?
- What are the cultural issues that affect the relationship between the service organization and the student?
- How does service impact the student personally or professionally?
Community + Service / Experience / Impact
- What are best practices being implemented by community partners involved in service-learning?
- How do we collaborate in terms of assessing community development goals as well as student learning outcomes?
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL FOR A CONFERENCE SESSION
NOTE: You will need to create a login name and password, so PLEASE WRITE THEM DOWN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. You will be able to save your Proposal and come back to it IF YOU REMEMBER your login credentials.
- Once you have logged into the system, select the green, “FORMS” tab located on the left side of the page and then be sure you click the “All Available Forms” sub-tab.
- Next, click the green “APPLY” button on the right-hand side of the page that is next to “IPSL USIL Symposium 2015 - CUSCO PERU - SessionProposals Submission Form”.
- Please fill out all fields. Note: items with an asterisk (*) are required.
- You can save your submission form and finish it later by simply clicking the “SAVE” button at the bottom of the page. You will notice that you can access your Proposal again by clicking “MODIFY” once you are ready to resume completing your Proposal.
- Once all the required fields are filled out, click “Save” at the bottom of the page (Note that items with an asterisk (*) are required.)
- When you are ready to submit your Proposal, click "Save" at the bottom. You should then see a “Submit” button on the next page. If you do NOT see the "Submit" button, please be sure you have completed the required (*) fields.
- Please note, after you submit your forms you will not be able to go back to modify your Proposal submission.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A SESSION PROPOSAL